Verbal agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillerboi

I sit on the board of a small non profit theatre company which has an agreement with a building owner for use of a space for rehearsals and shows for a certain fees. The space is shared with the owner who uses it for similar events but under her direction. Until recently the space has been adequate for everyone's needs but we all feel that we need more room for storage, etc. The property also has a large permanent out building which is being used by a 3rd party. The owner of the property wants to rent the space to us so we can continue our relationship but has only a verbal agreement with tenant 3 (out building) as far as rental and utility payments are concerned. He has remained current throughout his time there and as far as we know, has done nothing wrong. What is the correct way to ask him to terminate his possession of the premises. I assume there is a certain timeframe to work with and procedures to adhere to. Are they similar to the residential evictions? Is there a form somewhere with the legal jargon the owner can fill in and present to tenant 3? Please advise and thank you in advance.

I sit on the board of a small non profit theatre company which has an agreement with a building owner for use of a space for rehearsals and shows for a certain fees. The space is shared with the owner who uses it for similar events but under her direction. Until recently the space has been adequate for everyone's needs but we all feel that we need more room for storage, etc. The property also has a large permanent out building which is being used by a 3rd party. The owner of the property wants to rent the space to us so we can continue our relationship but has only a verbal agreement with tenant 3 (out building) as far as rental and utility payments are concerned. He has remained current throughout his time there and as far as we know, has done nothing wrong. What is the correct way to ask him to terminate his possession of the premises. I assume there is a certain timeframe to work with and procedures to adhere to. Are they similar to the residential evictions? Is there a form somewhere with the legal jargon the owner can fill in and present to tenant 3? Please advise and thank you in advance.

You appear to be referencing a month to month tenancy.

If that is the case, the owner can simply provide notice to teh person that he wants to terminate the relationship.

To do that in AZ, the landlord would have to notify the tenant 30 days in advance that he wishes to terminate the tenancy.

Take a look at this:

http://www.rentlaw.com/eviction/azeviction.htm

http://www.co.yavapai.az.us/WorkArea/showcontent.aspx?id=32642

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back