verbal agreement with clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

skpdc

I am a chiropractor and approached a medical clinic about renting space with them. They liked the idea because they had recently lost their chiro. They needed me in a satellite clinic ASAP to fulfill an insurance plan they have with a large employer.
I agreed to help them out in exchange that I would not have any chiro competition from them. I would hire an associate to help me with the demand of multiple clinics, change and cut my hours at my main clinic to help them out.
After being with them for a couple of months, they hired their old chiropractor back and kicked me out!
We had agreed to a rent amount verbally and with some emails, but they dragged their feet on getting the paperwork to me. Now I know why, they delayed it because they had been talking to their previous chiropractor because he couldn't find another job.
So all I have is a few emails about how much I would pay for rent and the verbal agreement. I have lost money with hiring the associate, lost money from my limited hours at my main clinic and lost the two practices that I was verbally promised.
Do I have any legal grounds for a lawsuit? If so would a lawyer take this on a contingency basis?

Do I have any legal grounds for a lawsuit? The answer to that is VERY fact-specific. You really will have to consult with an attorney and show him/her all the e-mails and share the detail of all conversations you had.

If so would a lawyer take this on a contingency basis? How an attorney is willing to be compensated is something only each individual attorney can comment on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back