Venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATEDESCO

HI to make a long story shot I have posted here before regarding me relocating to Colorado from PA and my son who will be 17 in a week. I decided to take my job offer and move and allow my son to stay with his dad.

Over the years since Dec 02 when I 1st got seperated and then divorced 2 yrs this May I had enough of harrassement and being threatened by my ex husband and now his new wife since Feb I decided to take my job offer and see how it worked out. Afew days before I left my exhusband called and said he wanted a paternity test he didnt think our son was his. Which is not true at all. Well after almost turning around a dozen times coming here I did it. I feel bad and I have cried and cried. I miss my son terriable but and not sure if I should go back home then without a job to go home to.

We had shared custody ok so Monday he filed for child support my son did not know if he wanted to come to Colorado with me. Which I knew he would take me for child support. Its always all about money with him always has been. He never would like to see me be happy or get ahead in life. he has never done very good in school and the school system is alot better out here than in PA which would give him a chance not to quit when he is 18 but to graduate. He has stayed back 2 times. I have tried alot with him to get him to bring homework home and study and always was the 1 who went to the meetings at school and to go pick up report cards. My ex would not because I would be at the school and his gf well now new wife would not approve of him going.

Also, his new wife has threatened me that they are going to get full custody and say that I am an unfit mother. What exactly labels an unfit mother? I have given as much as I can to my children being a single parent and by myself without help like he had with his new wife. I have 2 other children ages 19 and 25. My older son goes to Penn State and my daughter lives with her boyfriend and she works full time and is going to school for nursing.

We reply but we are not online 24/7. I would just stop listening to the wife. Don't communicate with her. If dad wants to file for custody not a lot you can do to stop it. The child is 17 so he is almost emancipated anyways.

no one hardly ever replies on this sight

What exactly do you want? I checked your other threads, and each of them received replies. Are you waiting for someone to tell you that you're not a bad mother for leaving your son with his father? Okay then, with the info you've provided, I would say that you're not a bad mother. However, this is a legal site, not a support site. If you have any additional legal questions, then please post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back