Vehicle Title Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wctrvler

I am wanting to find out my options regarding the following scenario.

In 2009 I cosigned a vehicle loan for my daughter's boyfriend. He put approximately $1000 down that he borrowed from his father. Six months later he lost his job and didn't work again. They called off the relationship in 2011. I have had possession of the truck since 2011 and it is now paid off. I made all payments except for the six or so that he paid in the beginning. I have put in over $10,000 plus repairs. The title is listed as "and/or," which in Arizona is joint ownership with survivor rights. Both signatures are required to transfer or remove him from the title. He refuses to sign the title and I am unable to legally do anything with the truck. I would like get out of this hostage situation (he is using it as a pawn due to another situation that has nothing to do with our contractual relationship).

Can I take him to small claims court? I don't want anything monetary, just a signature and maybe court fees. If not, what are my other options if any.

Thank you. It isn't worth much now. It's a 2000 and needs a new engine. I'm going to offer to buy him out of his 16% ownership which is less than $200. The BBB trade-in value is $860 to $1,060. He is pretty adamant that he wants half the value of the truck which he estimates at $5000.

Thank you. It isn't worth much now. It's a 2000 and needs a new engine. I'm going to offer to buy him out of his 16% ownership which is less than $200. The BBB trade-in value is $860 to $1,060. He is pretty adamant that he wants half the value of the truck which he estimates at $5000.

Why not save yourself the aggravation and AVOID giving him money?
By the way, he could sue you for HALF of the BB value, so gifting him clunker also avoids him one upping you!
Keep your money and gift him the clunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back