vataxmad

Status
Not open for further replies.

VATAXMAD

Let Me Tell You About My Situation. July 12, 2008 I Received A Letter From A Collection Agency For Unpaid Taxes Owed To Virginia. I Immediately Called The Collection Agency #1 And Was Told To Write A Letter Of Dispute
To The Validity Of This Debt. I Did This Within 2 Weeks By July 30, 2008 And Never Heard Anything From Anyone. Now January 4, 2009 I Received A Phone Message And Returned The Call Not Knowing Who It Was From Just That It Was Financial Situation. I Called The Number And The Lady Who Answered Wouldn't Listen To Anything I Tried To Ask Or Say . The Only Thing I Got Out Was That I Did As The Collection Agency Told Me To Do And Didn't Know What It Was All About. She Refused To Let Me Talk Or Question Her About The Matter. She Told Me I Owed And That I Should Pay Because Of The Way The Economy Is And Had No Dispute. Through Several Attempts To Get Her To Listen To Me, She Would Not Let Me Say Anything Or Listen, So I Hung Up. Through Several Phone Calls I Find That Va. Says They Sent 2 Notices To Me At A P O Box Address Which Was Correct But I Never Received Anything Till Now From A Collection Agency July 2008 19 Years Later And Several New Addresses. I Called Collection Agency No. 1 Who States It's Been Moved To Another Collection Agency ??? Left A Message At Collection Agency #2 And No Response Yet. The Va. Dept. Of Taxes States My Federal Exemption Did Not Match My State Exemptions So They Audited My 1989 Va. State Taxes On 08-1991. And Found This Error. The Original Amount Was Only $74 And Now With Interest Is $225.!!!!!!!! Someone Has To Know If There Is A Statute Of Limitations On This Matter And What Can I Do To Get This Resolved Without The Interest Fees. How Can They Give Us Statute On What They Owe Us But We Don't Get One If We Owe And Never Knew Of Owing? Shouldn't A Registered Letter Been Sent To Me In The First Place To Verify I Did Get A Notice Of The Audit? If Not How Can They Prove I Did Or Didn't Receive It? What Are My Options???!!!! Please???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back