vacation controlled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diroqopa

I applied for my yearly vacation, even though I have never taken one, and it was approved by my manager. One week later, I was notified that president and the vp told my manager that they did not want me gone that long. Even though my employee handbook states, "2 years - 2 weeks" I have been there for 4 years. Handbook states," if you wish to take a longer vacation than you are scheduled to receive see your supervisor about taking uncompensated time" No where in the handbook does it state that I can't take all or most of my vacation at once. How and what do I do to fight this? This was approved, never before did anyone higher than my manager have to approve anything. Help...they also sais "is it worth losing your job?' when i asked what could be done so i could go on my vacation

You earned the time and should be able to take it but it is granted at the companies discretion. Was the approval or rescinded approval put in writing? Dependent on the response, you may be working with something. Has the company offered any reimbursement of funds you may have spent on your vacation? Answers to these questions may help.

sagina1, just a friendly note. When we mark something "duplicate post", that means the OP has posted the same question twice, and all responses should be made on the original thread, not this one.

Besides, there is no LAW that is going to require the employer to reimburse any prepaid vacation costs, regardless of whether the approval or recission was in writing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back