Vacation controlled.....need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

diroqopa

I applied for my yearly vacation, even though I have never taken one, and it was approved by my manager. One week later, I was notified that president and the vp told my manager that they did not want me gone that long. Even though my employee handbook states, "2 years - 2 weeks" I have been there for 4 years. Handbook states," if you wish to take a longer vacation than you are scheduled to receive see your supervisor about taking uncompensated time" No where in the handbook does it state that I can't take all or most of my vacation at once. How and what do I do to fight this? fyi- i requested 7 of my 10 allowed days off.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd go along with their "suggestion".

If you resist or argue the point, you might end up with a 365 day vacation in a very, very bad economy.

Just go with the flow,
Or they just might show you the do'!!!

Isnt this somehow wrong on a employment level? I'm not looking for a lawsuit or anything, i would just like to actually use my vacation timee for a vacation for once.

Isnt this somehow wrong on a employment level? I'm not looking for a lawsuit or anything, i would just like to actually use my vacation timee for a vacation for once.

Sometimes you lose, when you think you've won.

You're free to pursue any strategy you wish.

I gave you my opinion.

Good luck.

Taking vacation time is legally ALWAYS at the discretion of the employer. Not everything has to be in the handbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back