Using the judicial system with a TRO to get desired results

Status
Not open for further replies.

grannyma

In San Diego California my son filed a TRO against me over a year ago and I just found out about it by accident, running our name search. The TRO was denied but a hearing could be set, yet my son denied the offer. And though this case was dismissed "FOR ALL INTENDED PURPOSES" , this case has been assigned to the family court judge who is presiding over the open custody dispute between the parents of my grandson.
Now I understand why after I called CPS to investigate an incident at my son house which resulted in my grandsons top four teeth being pulled out, no visable chipped teeth, no blood,no swelling

If he doesn't want you around him or his kid, why not just stay away from both of them?

It's no fun to be around people who don't want you.

ok i did get tired that night i wrote this post so allowe me to clarify things. Is it standard precedure if a dv case is filed , the tro was denied and a hearing offered to the petitioner but the petitioner refused the hearing, so case is stamped "dismissed do not file" all over yet there is a "case assighnment"" and it says "for all purposes intended, this case will be given to the family court judge overseeing the custody case" so appariently the judge has recieved the dv case that was filled, am i correct?The information in the dv case was all damanging and even though im not a party to the open custody issue it has been used to cut my relationship with my grandson. Is there a court rule someplace that permits this

We can't tell you about the case history of a case we're not a party to or have involvement with.

The court can, or you can saunter on down to the court clerk's office and review the file in person.

As a grandparent in most states you don't have the legal right to a relationship with a grandchild.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, in some states, with a great deal of effort; it might be possible.

Is it possible in your case?

Who knows or cares?

Ask a lawyer in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back