Use of my attic in my condo

hattan

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I have attic space in my condo that I would like to put down a floor and use as a storage room. Right now there really isn't a floor just insulation and space. I would like to put down some boards on the floor and make a little floor to use for storing my things. According to my condo papers it is my property as part of my unit. Do I need to ask the board for permission even if it is my own condo?

I have attic space in my condo that I would like to put down a floor and use as a storage room. Right now there really isn't a floor just insulation and space. I would like to put down some boards on the floor and make a little floor to use for storing my things. According to my condo papers it is my property as part of my unit. Do I need to ask the board for permission even if it is my own condo?
None of us has a copy of your "condo papers" - nor do we want a copy. Refer to the various restrictions, etc., that are listed for your condo.

Do I need to ask the board for permission even if it is my own condo?

Probably, I suggest you contact the HOA or Condo management team for more precise information.

I suspect you'll also need the proper building permits from your local government, too.

Back