USDA Contract

Coldwater

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
I worked as an independent contractor for a buildings material company, taking care of construction contracts. I was working on a USDA contract for a company and was asked to falsify all the WH-347 labor forms. I refused and and was complaining to the owner and he and subcontractors falsified the forms. The Ceo of the company that we were working for sent me a letter of cease and desist. As we were working on the contract for the company, we were also remodeling Ceo kitchen at his personal home. As we concluded the project, he told my boss that he deserved about $14,000.00 worth of free cabinets, since our company was getting all of his companies construction projects. I need to know my best legal path would be in this situation. I no longer work for the company due to the friction between me and the owner.

You mix up a whole lot of issues. The WH-347 is an optional form. In what way was it falsified and by whom?

Are you saying that funds from a government project were being used to pay for employees to remodel the CEO's kitchen? The CEO can use his employees to remodel his kitchen if he likes, but he can not bill that time to a federal project unless in the unlikely event the remodel is in the scope of the contract. If your boss wants to give this guy cabinets, that is between them but it has nothing to do with the WH-347.

CEO is manager of a public utility and I was ask to change the dates on wh347 by the plant manager of the utility. WH347 were not optional on this USDA funded project, in fact was threatened that if I did not falsify, we would no longer be able to do Federal work by the CEO.
The CEO demanded the free cabinets in exchange for him giving us work contracts.

CEO is manager of a public utility and I was ask to change the dates on wh347 by the plant manager of the utility. WH347 were not optional on this USDA funded project, in fact was threatened that if I did not falsify, we would no longer be able to do Federal work by the CEO.
The CEO demanded the free cabinets in exchange for him giving us work contracts.

Sounds like an illicit "quid pro quo", which the US government used to frown upon.

You can contact the USDA inspector general, who also serves as their conduit for whistleblowers, the IRS might show interest in FREE cabinets for "q p q", finally the DOJ (as in the nearest US Attorney General's Office, and maybe your state attorney general, or state income tax authority.

You can also report your information to one of your US Senators, and/or your US congressperson, as fraud, waste, or abuse might be involved.

Back