Naturalization, Citizenship US Permanent resident/naturalization clock reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotz

This is my situation:

I have been a US permanent resident for 4 consecutive years and on march 2010 will be eligible to apply for my US citizenship. But I will be soon traveling to Peru for 5 months and then comeback for 1 month to the US and then go back to Peru for 4 more months and be back in the US to do my citizenship.

So my questions are: Will my residency clock towards naturalization reset if I do this?
Will my permanent resident card/status be revoked?
And Will I be able to reenter the US?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Kotz said:
This is my situation:

I have been a US permanent resident for 4 consecutive years and on march 2010 will be eligible to apply for my US citizenship. But I will be soon traveling to Peru for 5 months and then comeback for 1 month to the US and then go back to Peru for 4 more months and be back in the US to do my citizenship.

So my questions are: Will my residency clock towards naturalization reset if I do this?
Will my permanent resident card/status be revoked?
And Will I be able to reenter the US?

Thank you.

You should ask this question of the US immigration authorities. You should also avoid leaving the US unless the authorities approve of your departure. Leaving the US without their approval could prove to very troublesome for you later. If they say you can leave, make sure you get that in writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back