US internship advice for foreign students

Status
Not open for further replies.

saske87

Hi

I'm a law student from Eastern Europe in the last semester of master studies in criminal law. I along side with a good friend of mine are looking for a possible internship for the summer of 2011 in the US.

We both speak fluent English and have bachelor's degrees in law and work experience. We both have worked in the US before, summer jobs, not law related.

I've been looking for an internship for 2 months now sending out resumes and cover letters with very little success. I searched NALPs directory and emailed everyone that came up in an advance search of firms that hire international paid interns. No luck there too.
I search all kind of web sites and emailed a lot of people but I'm still coming up short.
This has gotten to be very frustrating to be honest, because you are not dealing with people but 98% of the time with automated responses or people sending pre-set responses. People don't get to meet you, get to know you, give you a shot to impress. Everything is words on paper and rejection so far.

Can anyone offer some advice for foreign students who are searching for a paid summer internship any where in the US? Maybe some kind of fellowship programs, something.

We are both looking to get some work and life experience next summer so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks upfront.

You've picked the wrong time to even consider coming to the USA.
We're broke!!!!!!
Millions of our citizens are out of work.
Some of them will NEVER find work over the next two decades.
Paid internships?
Save your airfare, people!
The US is firing, not hiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back