Urgently needing advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

iris32

I have joint legal custody of my kids. We have been going through mediation for parenting time, but they are currently with my ex about 70% of the time. I just found out today that my ex switched my 9 year old son's school. He had mentioned it several months ago, I looked into it and did not agree with the idea (which I put in writing). In talking with my son, he told me that his dad switched his school this week (on Tuesday) and that he said goodbye to his friends.

He is a good student and he was not transferred for any behavioral issues.

The location of this school is impossible for me to get to when he is with me. I had an attorney, but I can no longer afford one.

PLEASE give me some advice - I know that if I don't do something soon, the courts will look at it as if I agreed.

Thanks

Try Legal Aid....it's cheaper and I am sure they can lead you in the right direction. I know attorney fees can get expensive, but you also don't want to lose your child, so if you have ANYONE that can help you.....Good Luck and God Bless!!

Was a parenting plan place in order? or just some papers filed and the judge "made" a decision?

Any changes can be met with a petition for modification, and if you have the better parenting plan, you will most likely win.

50% parenting time is a Ferderally protected right. I don't care what your state says. You need more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back