Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft *URGENT* HELP, shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're sick with worry, I might think you would want to go back to the store with the receipt and tell them that you are there to correct a mistake you noticed of undercharging you on your receipt. Go directly to the register and take care of it. I highly doubt they will do anything if you returned with the money. Nobody will prosecute you if you right the problem before they do it for you. This is just my feeling - do not take this as legal advice as nobody can give you proper advice without an appropriate consultation with counsel.

But if I go back with the receipt and show them that there was a mischarge, won't they accuse ME of making that mischarge, or will they let it go because I took it back?

But if I go back with the receipt and show them that there was a mischarge, won't they accuse ME of making that mischarge, or will they let it go because I took it back?
You assume someone already saw the tape and is recognizing you. If you go to customer service immediately with the bill and tell them there was a mistake in a charge and came back to correct it, why would a general clerk suspect you? I'm guessing it would be someone in the know. Just a guess.

You are the most nervous thief I have ever seen. Go back, tell them it was a mistake and pay them. NO ONE is going to charge you if you fess up. You could (I don't recommend it) go in and CONFESS to stealing and they won't arrest you if you pay up. It's admirable that you are nervous, even if you are only concerned because you might be caught. Go pay what you owe and don't steal anymore. You can sleep well at night.

No one can say what they saw or did not see or if they will discover the theft. by returning to store they "could" (not likely but could) charge you. If you want to make this right then send them the money with no return address

Thank you everyone for the advice! I went back and showed them the receipt and paid the difference as though it were an honest mistake (like, oh, I didn't notice but the scanned product is not the same as what I bought) and the woman at checkout (not the same who initially checked me out) was very nice about it.

Can they do anything since I tried to rectify the situation? What if they see it on camera but don't recognize that it was me who went back to correct it?

So is this matter done or am I still at risk of being charged of something?

Thank you again for all of your advice!

Thank you everyone for the advice! I went back and showed them the receipt and paid the difference as though it were an honest mistake (like, oh, I didn't notice but the scanned product is not the same as what I bought) and the woman at checkout (not the same who initially checked me out) was very nice about it.

Can they do anything since I tried to rectify the situation? What if they see it on camera but don't recognize that it was me who went back to correct it?

So is this matter done or am I still at risk of being charged of something?

Thank you again for all of your advice!

Father Army Judge says, "Go and sin no more, my child, for God and man's law have now forgiven you!"

Can the forum say, amen?

I'm kind of slow on the uptake, does that mean that I am okay and not at risk of being charged? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

I can't promise you anything.

None of us are making you any promises.

We are only saying that in our considered legal opinions, the likelihood of your being charged is slim to none.

But, no one can predict what someone else is likely to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back