Urgent-Desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus_F_Moreno

My family and I find ourselves in a tough situation. I have fired our attorney as he has done absolutely nothing and the trial date is on Monday. I filed a continuance with the court but the judge it's not inclined to approve it and we have a conference call tomorrow at 9am. This was a very simple case of real estate fraud that has gotten out of hand and it reads like fiction but unfortunately is real. I plan to bring this points to the judge at the conference tomorrow. Please help if you can on the following comments so it will help my cause and support the trial date extension until we can find an attorney that actually wants to defend our case:

------------content removed

Last edited:
My 2 cents: I would not present something that long and complicated to the judge. Concentrate on the key points.

I would also suggest you refrain from referring personally to the lawyer on the other side, although I understand that may be difficult to do since you and he seem to be very much at odds and you believe he has acted improperly. At any rate, don't refer to "Dale Jeff's clients" in those terms. It is petty. His clients are the opposing parties and they are properly the people your dispute is with. Refer to them as the plaintiffs or by name. Don't make it about the lawyer any more than you absolutely have to. If you do refer to his wrongdoing, show how it prejudiced you: like for instance the fact that he has not responded to your request for documents. Don't question his motives. Concentrate on the merits of your argument for an extension.

You allege at various points that the case against you is "illegal". It is not clear what you mean by this, nor do I see any argument supporting the allegation. How is the other parties' case illegal? Perhaps you mean to say it cannot succeed?

Don't say they dragged it out so they could invent a case against you. If they have a case, they have a case.

You should not have fired your lawyer without at that time getting another lawyer on board. The other lawyer could have at least spoken to the continuance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back