UPS claims denial without even inspecting

Chrissy goral

Jurisdiction
Idaho
A few months ago I had packed another Painting using 3 inch foam, foam corners, bubble wrap, and a suitable shipping box. Needless to say it was destroyed upon arrival. I filed a claim. I sent on my documentation that I had including whatever pictures I had, and I hadn't heard back for two weeks. When I called them, they acknowledge my claim, and said that they needed the receivers information so they could go out and inspect the package. After giving them the information, shortly after I was denied. They never even sent an inspector out to retrieve the package inspect the package or even look at the package. They said they simply denied my claim. Based on the photos that I sent them. The photos I sent weren't necessarily for insurance purposes I had them on my phone because I was texting somebody what I was doing during me packing it and just still happen to have them. They said it was insufficient packing, but in the photos you can't see that I used masonite board to insulate the box making it much more durable. How can an insurance company deny your claim without ever examining the package? It just seems fraudulent and beyond neglectful. I've contacted UPS and UPS capital only to be told it's the others responsibility and vice versa and if I wanted to talk to customer service I literally had to call and press zero 30 to 50 times as they directed me to get a representative. Who in their right mind would know that they have to press zero 30 to 50 times in order to talk to somebody before just hanging up? I can't believe this is their customer service. Now since my claim is denied and I spent over $150 on packing materials, you would think the least they could do is return it back to me so I can at least reuse my packing materials…. But no. UPS says it's UPS capitals responsibility and UPS capital says it's UPS is responsibility and then finally after fighting this for months maybe three months… they told me it took me too long to ask for them to return it. Usually it would be returned after they retrieve it, and do the inspection but since there never was an inspection, and it was never retrieved, I am out the $1500 my claim was worth, the amount it cost to ship as well as all my packing materials….
I am now trying to decide if it's worth taking to small claims court. To be out another $75 on top of it would just add salt to my wound…

Back