Update......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beechkid

Well, let's see, since we last chatted, I can't tell you how impressed i am with lawyers & the law in general. I was threaten with termination in writing as a Fire Captain because I refused to harrass others, commit criminal acts and destroy evidence & lie about it, yes the details in writting by my employer are incredible. The City arrorney removed me from work in writing until he could get full access to my medical records (also in writting). later removed me from my work place without pay. DOJ investigated with EOC, provided us with a right to sue letter. The city would not back down & refused to let me return to work. I got legal counsil (union) who wrote a letter (and signed it, I have a copy of it) commendating my bosses actions (yes, my union counsel). 3 days before trial my new lawyer quits (without prior notice), tells me to negotiate a deal with the city attorney "they will be nice, don't worry" (was the exact quote), places his house up for sale and has not been seen. By the way, I told him not to send a bill and he hasn't. We filed a dismissal in superior court that day, we recieve a letter in the mail from the assigned judge the next day, dated several days before, informing us that he has ruled against us and is now allowing the City Attorney to sue us for harrassment, etc. (yes thats right, 3 days prior to the date of the first day in court, we dismiss the lawsuit, then get a letter from the assigned judge that several days before the dismissal that he ruled against us!). My wife calls the court clerk to confirm the filing of the dismissal (even though she has several certified stamped copies in hand), guess what, no on at the superior court wants to talk about it. The judges personal researcher calls us back on the phone and proceeds to threaten my wife & my self with contemp charges for "Wasting the Courts Time", referred to my wife as a "Bitch" for even trying to push this "dismissal issue". Any way I can't begin to tell you my feelings regarding this honorable profession of "Law". Any suggestions.......to cover my %## would be appreciated.

Did the judge grant you an adjournment to find a new attorney after this one takes off without notice and right before trial? I tend to find that it is usually difficult to accomplish "verifications" over the phone and the court stamp on a file is supposed to alleviate the incredible manpower that would be needed for such telephone requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back