Unwed mother seeking child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumnlight

I met a man in my skydiving club 3 years ago. He pursued a relationship, following me on my travel assignments all over the state. I am a registered nurse. He told me he wanted children and I told him I wanted children too. At Christmas he stayed at my home and we had a warm relationship. In January I went away to a new assignment and found out I was pregnant. I called him and told him and he came to visit me again. He said he wanted me to get an abortion. I told him he would need to come with me if that's what he wanted. He said no. He left to go to his home. I continued working and tried to keep him informed but eventually he stopped taking my calls. I went to the county and petitioned for child support and filed out papers. I was told the father would be served at his home. I gave them his address and the location of his job. He works for his father. I had no support for medical services. I just kept working until my son was born. Since then I have asked support services for help. I have physically taken my son to the support office. They tell me that no one can locate the father. The father's parents have asked the court to stop harrassing them.

The lady at the support office said if they have no response for 2 years then there is nothing I can do. Is this true? I am responsible but the father is not? What can I do?

Hm that sounds fishy. In many states the child support agencies nowadays can access public records and try to pinpoint the whereabouts of deadbeat fathers. Otherwise, there are private institutions who can do the work for a fee. It is pretty difficult to really vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back