Unsure if I have a case worth fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

White00Chevy4x4

I was sent out for a urinalysis on 11/5/09 due to equipment failure at work. I had been exposed to marijuana the night prior, however, I haven't smoked the stuff. I received my results on 11/9/09 of positive for thc. I tried to get a retest to ensure to my employer that I was clean as I had informed them of the exposure because I had nothing to hide. They claim retests were not aloud and terminated my position. When I went to get the results from the lab, it showed 20 nanograms of thc in my system. On a normal test, 50 nanograms or less is passing. However, since I drink a lot of water, my test apparently came back dilute and my test showed anything under 15 nanograms was passing. Therefore, it claims I failed.I spoke with my human resources and told them that I would voluntarily pay my co-pay every week to have a urinalysis done and faxed to their office just to prove that I am telling the truth. Still, they claim nothing can be done.

Does anyone think that I can push this to have this taken to court to see about getting my job back?

I do not see anything in either Federal or Kentucky law that makes this an illegal termination or that would require the employer to return you to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back