Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Unreturned Seized Items 14 months ago and still no charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanchilli

In March 2009 my my computer, and all of the other electronical equiptment was taken from my house, A prior employer of mine accused me of stealing documents. The wattant said Falsifying Business Documents in the 1st and Grand Larceny in the 2nd. I have not been charged for anything yet and it has been over 14 months. I wass not even home, my wife and son where, they never left any documentation or reciept of my things other than the warrant. I postedd last yeay but had no reply. I would greaty apprectiate some advice. Thank you

More than likely nothing has or will come if this.

But, we don't have access to information to know for sure.

It us odd that the police came, seized it's, and left no receipt for goods taken.

You didn't mention it, but the actions you describe would have required a search warrant (or a consent to search) by your wife.

It seems as if neither of those things occurred, otherwise you have copies of the warrant or signed consent form.

Did any of the "officers" leave a business card?

You may have been the victim of a private eye (hired by your employer or someone else), or just a con-artist!

You might want to speak with a local lawyer snout this.

At least the lawyer could get you some definite answers.

All I can do us guess.

To me, this sounds very fishy.

You need some official answers.

An attorney can get them for you.

There was a warrant served, just no receipt for items taken. OP has a copy of the warrant.

Contact the agency and have them dig up a case number for you. With that you can find out of the case is active or not, and you can be referred to the investigator in charge. If you can get hold of the person in charge of that case then you can try to get them to issue a release for your property. Otherwise, your property can be held for as long as the statute of limitations allows, which could be well more than 14 months... probably at least 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back