unmarried with joint property

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was in a relationship for 11 1/2 years until he decided to leave me for another woman. The problem is that he still comes to the house to take a shower and was clothes and all his belongings are still here. The mortgage is in my name but the deed is in both our names. He has not given any money towards the house in the past 2 months and I want him out of here so I can get a roommate to help with bills. What can I do?

I was in a relationship for 11 1/2 years until he decided to leave me for another woman. The problem is that he still comes to the house to take a shower and was clothes and all his belongings are still here. The mortgage is in my name but the deed is in both our names. He has not given any money towards the house in the past 2 months and I want him out of here so I can get a roommate to help with bills. What can I do?

You'll have to evict him, IF YOU CAN.
It might not be possible to EVICT him.
Why?
You foolishly put him on your deed.
That made him a co-owner.
Yeah, that's your gift to him to honor your love.
You might have to pay him to get him off that deed (another LOVE gift)!!!!!
He paid nothing, did nothing, cheated on you, and owns HALF of your home.

Don't be angry, hire a lawyer and see how much it would take to get him off that deed.

EVICTION might never happen, as long as he owns the home, too.

Get to a lawyer tomorrow, if not tonight!!!!!

Don't destroy his junk, lock him out, or start anything that could cause YOU trouble.

Otherwise, you'd be stupid if you didn't HIRE a lawyer and determine IF you can get his name off your deed.
If you are able to do that (at low cost, or NO cost), consider yourself lucky.
If you died tomorrow, he would own your house with your mortgage holder and could sell it and walk away with a few dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back