Unjustifiably Fired Has Been Shortened To One Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzo91042

I am a bellman/valet at a hotel who is paid $4.25 hour. The hotel offers shuttle rides to the airport for pilots and some guest (V.I.P.) The hotel pays our transportation drivers $7.25 hour, and all of them make over $8 hour. Now they are allowed to change their title from Van Driver to Bellman which now eleminates the chance of a bellman at $4.25 hour to dispute the transportation driver. This allows the drivers to say that everyone has to be responsible for drivng the van. I was recently fired for what they say is refusal to take a pilot to the airport. At the time there were 2 other bellman on the clock, one who is really a van driver, and one who is actually a bellman/valet such as myself. The rule is to never leave the bell stand unattended. The van driver was at T.G.I. talking, and the other bellman walked to the Mall a block away to get coffee knowing that there was a 7:30 van run. This left me at the bell stand alone, and the rule is to never leave the bell stand unattended. That would have meant leaving the bell stand unattended an also that The Van Driver would get to collect the tips. I was insulted, verbal references made toward my private parts, and eventually fired for refusal to do some one else job. You can view more details with attachment if you like. Please respond.

Based on the information in your post, your termination may have been unjustified and it may have been unfair, but it was not illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back