union says im married BUT IM NOT, CANT GET TO BORROW MONEY FROM MY ANNUITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryan509

i went to my union to borrow money against my annuity fund. when i spoke to the lady she said that my wife has to sign the papers as well, then i replied im not married, they have a lady name on my records as my wife. i seen this mistake around a year ago when they sent me statments i called and they say they will resolved the matter. i went now to borrow the money and this lady is still on my records. the funny parts she doesn't have my last name. so what they are saying is that i bring a noterized letter sateting im not married. from a legal point of view does that even make sence and what shall i do, alot of these unions are doing alot of corrupt things and i dont want to be tired up and i dont want them to come off with ease as well. thank you for reading and i would like a quick responce because i have a dead line as to when i can borrow the money, thank you again.

Simple.

Write a letter.

It'll only be one sentence.
I, Joe Joker, state unequivocally that I am not now; nor have I ever been married.

Signed, Joe Joker
123 Clown Court
Circustown, Florida

Take the letter to the credit union and ask someone to notarize it for you. Don't sign it until you are in front if the notary public. Most notaries require two forms of ID, if they don't know you. You're a union member and credit union member. That should not be a problem.

Don't fight it. Do it their way. Make it easy on yourself. Get your money sooner, rather than later!

Last edited:
FYI, for certain types of annuities it is required by law that you either certify that you are not married, or provide a spousal signature for any distributions. So it's quite likely that even without this error you would still be having to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back