Sentencing, Plea Bargains unfair probation violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

raulsoto

My son was on juvenile probation when he was 17, he did about two weeks in juvenile, paid his fines, did four months in a rehab home. When he left the home a letter was sent to probation and calls were not returned to the counselor. The pastor from church also had the same outcome as well as my son getting no feedback...Year and a half goes by, he is now 20, and receives a letter from probation supervisor stating that he must show to appointment or get violated. He called because he started working harvest and couldn't miss work and get laid off. No response. He worked for a month strait and finally had a day off. We decided to check in and went to juvenile probation. When asked to go speak to supervisor my son was arrested in interview room as soon as he walked in. He goes to court and she wants to give him six months in adult jail. The judge disagreed and according to the public defender agreed on plee bargain to do time till 10/29 Everyone keeps telling us he doesn't bellong there from the judge, public defender, bailiffs, what can we do? He has no new charge...how can I file a complaint?

My son was on juvenile probation when he was 17, he did about two weeks in juvenile, paid his fines, did four months in a rehab home. When he left the home a letter was sent to probation and calls were not returned to the counselor. The pastor from church also had the same outcome as well as my son getting no feedback...Year and a half goes by, he is now 20, and receives a letter from probation supervisor stating that he must show to appointment or get violated. He called because he started working harvest and couldn't miss work and get laid off. No response. He worked for a month strait and finally had a day off. We decided to check in and went to juvenile probation. When asked to go speak to supervisor my son was arrested in interview room as soon as he walked in. He goes to court and she wants to give him six months in adult jail. The judge disagreed and according to the public defender agreed on plee bargain to do time till 10/29 Everyone keeps telling us he doesn't bellong there from the judge, public defender, bailiffs, what can we do? He has no new charge...how can I file a complaint?

Hire a lawyer, if you're unsatisfied with his public defender.
There's nothing anyone at this little internet forum can do for you or him.

So, he got sentenced to serve jail time until 10/29? Apparently the judge agreed with that because that was the sentence.

If you wish to challenge the violation and the sentence, you can help your son by hiring him an attorney to examine the issue.

Do jail time until 10/29?

About the only thing you can do is talk to a lawyer if you do not agree with the sentence & see what he/she might be able to do for your son.

Why didn't you just go down there to start with? If i was on probation and didn't get my calls answered I would have GONE there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back