unfair judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggal120

On friday my daughter went to court for a custody hearing.My main question is can a judge hear the case and make decision when my daughter was not represented and she told him several times that she would not answer question because she was without counsel and the reason for this was she was never notified by the courts.went to another address. he made a ruling that if she didn't get a car registered in her name in three weeks he would give my grandaughter to the father. my daughter has use of vehicles but not in her name. he did not want to hear this. Doesn't my daughter have the right to have her lawyer standing with her in court. I find this very wrong. And how can a judge make such a ruling like this. Please i did some answers.

G_gal120 said:
On friday my daughter went to court for a custody hearing.My main question is can a judge hear the case and make decision when my daughter was not represented and she told him several times that she would not answer question because she was without counsel and the reason for this was she was never notified by the courts.went to another address. he made a ruling that if she didn't get a car registered in her name in three weeks he would give my grandaughter to the father. my daughter has use of vehicles but not in her name. he did not want to hear this. Doesn't my daughter have the right to have her lawyer standing with her in court. I find this very wrong. And how can a judge make such a ruling like this. Please i did some answers.
how she found out about court is she went the day before to court for child support. She was told then.

What State??

What state is the child support in? Does she pay support or receive it?

In most states, the child support office is supposed to help the one who receives it. My support is in Michigan. The Friend of the Court helps both parents. But they will stand behind the person who gets support by helping with their cases- i.e. going after more support, visitation issues, etc.

It is new york state. my daughter has tried going through the system you are talking about and this is why we are in the mess we are in. The appointed lawyer to her did nothing.. just sat in court and told her that he could not say a word. she has contract child support through the courts and they know he is in the rears but nothing is being done.There was an order from the judge that if he doesn't pay the full amount he is to pay every week he is to be arrested. Nothing was done. So what are you suppose to do.

The only thing I can say is write letters every week or so about what is happening or call your case worker. Eventually, I would think they would get tired of her calling and writing. Sometimes, support offices don't want to help. Some offices are way better than others.

My husband pays support in two different counties in Indiana. One is the hard ass and the other is not. So it depends on who controls the support cases. In Indiana, the Prosecuting Attorney's office controls it. In Michigan, the Friend of the Court does.

Try writing letters to the Judge. Keep records of everything. I don't know if I can be much help. Try finding the Main office of New York. Write to them and complain. I guess you could try another attorney but I know how that goes. More money......who has enough anyways.

Good Luck.

custody

we are not worried about child support we are worried about my daughter losing custody of her daughter because the judge is being unreasonable. he told her without being without her lawyer there to help her that she need to get a car registered in her name etc or she will loose her daughter. she has transportation just not in her name. she used her friends car when ever she needs to. she is a good mother. hard working and is doing everything right. it just seems that this judge for some reason has it out for her. that is the only way to explain it. lawyers cost big money and as a mother and grandmother i am doing everything i can to help them both. she will talk to her lawyer today and hopefully she will go with her again on the 6th of october. i will have to come up with more money to get this done. a judge sould not of heard the case with out her lawyer there .neither of them were notified.

I have never heard of such a thing about not having a car. What business is it of the judge? As long as she takes care of her child, what difference does having a car in her name!!! I would think the welfare of the child not transportation would important. You can turn in a judge for misconduct in a case. I'm not sure what website it is on. Look on New York Court System website. Usually they have a page for that.

I'm glad I get along with my ex, most times.

Good Luck.

thank you

thank you for caring to write me back.. you know it is crazy and i do.. but what do you do when your at the mercy of the courts. for the babies father it is a power trip.. not the well being of the child.. hopefully she will talk to her lawyer and she will find it in the goodness of her heart to help.. i can only pay her so much.. i am not a wealthy person but i am paying for all of this.. everyone says they are so concerned but no one will help us.. hopefully on the oct 6th when we have to go back to court everything will be ok.. thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back