unfair dismissal

Status
Not open for further replies.

marylou1

My son of 14 years old has been working at the local supermarket for 12 months on a casual basis, being a very good worker and always praised by his employers, have sacked him because of an accusation he had been harrasing a young girl at work for the past six months about asking to see her breasts. The employer has not contacted him to tell him but verbally attacked his father in the deli telling him this is what is happening. My son tells us he has never said this or touched her in any way as he dislikes her, and thinks she is a trouble maker, she is very permiscuous as most of the young boys knows and she has always had trouble telling the truth, although this doesnt help my son because the employer is the one that is slinging all the stories and he doesnt understand how he can be in trouble for the lies that are being said. Three other boys maybe more do work with him and could tell in court that this is the way it was if they were willing to be involved as this becomes a problem in a small town because they dont want to be seen as involved. The employer also has changed her story several times having spoke to her which is a fair indication that she is quite confused about what is going on.:(:

This may or may not be unfair but it is not illegal. They are allowed to fire him on suspicion of misconduct, even if they are mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back