Unequal division of Property in uncontested divorceB

H

Heidiho89

Jurisdiction
California
I filed an uncontested divorce. We did the papers together. I am only asking for 150k from his 401k and 1200 a month spousal that he pays me every month anyways. But there is a lot of other assets I am entitled to but he told me I would be stealing his money.
I am disabled. My bank accounts are normally less than 100. But his has several thousand plus the amount of equity his house gained. I became disabled about 3 years after marriage. Steve can make back the money he would give me. He put the kids college tuition As a monthly expense but THEY BOTH HAVE A LARGE COLLEGE FUND ACCOUNT. STEVE PAYS NOTHING. I JUST WANTED TO NOT FUGHT AND GET THR MONEY quick to pay off all my bills and move. He didn't want a divorce because he did not want to give me money. But we have not had sex in about 6 years and I don't sleep in his bed I was in hospital in 2012 with a serious low potassium they did cpr on me. He would not come see me because his girlfriend said I did it on purpose to mess up their time alone because all kids were gone.he said he did not care if I lived or died.

Can I send the judge a private message about why thr divsion of property is seriouly unequal

Can I send the judge a private message about why thr divsion of property is seriouly unequal

No. That's not proper procedure and will be ignored.

You obviously don't have an uncontested divorce despite your belief.

California is a community property state. You are entitled to half of everything.

Get yourself a lawyer or get screwed. That's the long and short of it.

With all due respect, this statement is 100% B.S. Having just gone through an "uncontested divorce" in Texas...the whole notion of equal/entitled splitting of assets is complete and utter B.S....

The Declaration of Independence proclaims "all men were created equal", upon further analysis the US Constitution proclaimed African slaves and Native American males to be 3/5's of a person for apportionment in Congress.

The "men" reference in the Declaration completely ignored women, because women weren't mentioned in either document.

The law often says one thing, but its interpretation and execution reveals another.

Adjuster Jack's reference is legally correct, unfortunately you learned that what is often touted is akin to a carnival barker's cry of "step right on up, and see the two headed mule."

Touting, believing doesn't make it so.

With all due respect, this statement is 100% B.S. Having just gone through an "uncontested divorce" in Texas...the whole notion of equal/entitled splitting of assets is complete and utter B.S....

He said California. Your divorce was in Texas. Two different states with different laws on divorce.

Back