Unemployment

Jessica Rodriguez

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I was working for this company for the past two years and the whole time I worked there there they issues us payroll checks that would bounce. There have been times where I had to wait up to 3 days to receive my money. A month ago I had enough of the situation with the paychecks and I quit. I went and I applied for unemployment I feel like it was no fault of my own the reason why I quit. I like the facility I worked at I would have never quit my job.but the situation was getting worse and the owners never give us any answers or reasons why the checks always bounce. I was denied unemployment but I am appealing that decision. Does my case fall under the no fault of your own law. They're the reason why I quit their mishandling of my paycheck after paycheck after paycheck after paycheck is why I quit

I volunteered really quit my job due to the issue of the bounced paychecks. I worked there for two years and that was a problem the whole 2 years I work for this company. I stay working for them for so long because I have a felony on my record I have tried and I've been denied left and right. A month ago I have enough of the company's BS and I quit. I file for unemployment and that was good night and now I am appealing it. But I don't know what I need to prove my case. I think my case might fall under that no fault of my own law I think.

Reopening.

Jessica's comment in the other post:

I was denied from unemployment but I have appealed it so it was not the final decision

Has not been responded to.

Jessica, please continue in this thread. I've deleted the other one.

I don't think quitting because of the paycheck issue will qualify you for unemployment compensation because you had other remedies with the state's department of labor. However, I'm not going to guarantee that. If you are willing to do some research, here are some resources.

The first one is a guide to unemployment insurance law in AZ.

Unemployment Insurance Law | Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library

The links don't work. Where statutes and codes are cited you can find them at:

Arizona Revised Statutes

Arizona Administrative Code | Table of Contents by Title

You can also check out Arizona appellate case decisions that address voluntary quit:

Google Scholar

As a last resort you might want to consult an unemployment attorney.

Reopening.

Jessica's comment in the other post:

Has not been responded to.

Jessica, please continue in this thread. I've deleted the other one.

I don't think quitting because of the paycheck issue will qualify you for unemployment compensation because you had other remedies with the state's department of labor. However, I'm not going to guarantee that. If you are willing to do some research, here are some resources.

The first one is a guide to unemployment insurance law in AZ.

Unemployment Insurance Law | Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library

The links don't work. Where statutes and codes are cited you can find them at:

Arizona Revised Statutes

Arizona Administrative Code | Table of Contents by Title

You can also check out Arizona appellate case decisions that address voluntary quit:

Google Scholar

As a last resort you might want to consult an unemployment attorney
I've done some research with information you provided me it's so confusing to be I'm doing the best I can to understand what I'm reading.

What's a paper trail I didn't have a checking account I would go to specific PLS check cashing business to cash my checks and I will just load cash on a prepaid debit card. I did that for like eight months until that business stop cashing the company's paychecks.

What's a paper trail

A paper trail is a set of documents that support the story you tell. You say that your employer's checks bounced. If you have the insufficient funds notices for each check you have a paper trail that you can present to the hearing officer. If you don't have the notices then you don't have a paper trail. You just have your sayso.

I don't have a paper trail. Can you please explain what hearsay means? Also would letters from ex employees stating there experience with the companysc checks be good enough to present in court?

I don't have a paper trail. Can you please explain what hearsay means? Also would letters from ex employees stating there experience with the companysc checks be good enough to present in court?

If you had your wages deposited to a debit card (mastercard or visa, maybe discover), there is a paper trail.

Contact the issuer of the card and ask if you can receive a copy of all the deposits made to card.

Also for days I've had to wait to be able to cash my check,does the company owe me for those days?

One fight at a time.

Get your unemployment business handled first, once that is done, worry about other things.

It wasn't direct deposit I will go to the check cashing place cash my check and then add funds to the prepaid Visa card .

Someone has a record of the checks you cashed, as well as the fees you paid when casing the check.

Someone has a record of each deposit you place don the debit card.

If you don't have that proof, the places where you did those transactions does, go ask for the receipts, if you think you will need them.

Ok will do.
The whole 2 years I worked for this company there were never funds in the payroll account. Just about every payday I had problems cashing my check . Can you advice me in what proof or evidence I need to have or things I should know?

Back