Unemployment wrongly denied, (or was it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spedybragg

I was recently unjustly terminated from my job due to "Misconduct". I have since filed an appeal with my past job and also an appeal with the unemployment office because I was denied because of Misconduct. 3 weeks ago, during a pre-hearing meeting with my job's appeal, I was offered a job in which I refused, because it was job that was not binding by our "government" contract. I am representing myself, and the other partty's lawyer and settlement Judge called me yesterday for another pre-hearing and I asked them if they could go back to the "drawing table" to see if they could come up with something better, I may consider accepting it. I was contacted this morning with an offer I am willing to accept. My question or problem comes in where the Unemployment Office is denying me pay. My job apparently knows that I didn't commit the error (which was hiding mail in a locked room). My hearing date is scheduled for Dec. 22, unless we settle, but when and if I settled I have already said I will forfeit my back pay (since September 22, 2008.) I know they know I will win on Dec. 22, because they don't have proof and know I didn't do it. Can the unemployment office still deny me because of "MISCONDUCT" even though my job don't anymore and are trying to and will hire me back. What are my rights with them to collect on an unfair and unjust ruling.? Even though I don't get unemployment I am still calling in weekly. When asked on a question last week "did I refuse a job", I stated yes and had to go make a statement. Will they look at that staement at all and determine that I was wrongly fired. Who would make you 3 job offers if you thought you did anything like a Misconduct charge.? Do I need to write them or call them to inform them of this information without making them look like they are incapable of making a "just" call also. ? By the way, I work for the government, "UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE."

Just to clarify myself, I was denied unemployment upon termination in Sept. I just refused the job from my previous employee 2 weeks ago Nov. 28, 2008. Reason being, it was not a contract job I could accept (for good reasons). Being that they know about job offers now can they still deny me unemployment, even from Sept (when terminated) up unto Nov. 28 (when I refused job).?

If USPS fire me unjustly for "Misconduct" and based on "Misconduct", I appeal that decision, and due to evidence presented in hearing now I am offered a job from that employer, can Unemployment still deny me benefits based on "Misconduct", not "refusal" of job offer, being that refusal was only 2 weeks ago and I am asking for "benefits" from "time of separation to time of refusal "only".

Are you looking for a law that is going to prohibit the unemployment office from denying you benefits on either reason? There isn't one.

So basically what you are saying that Unemployment can be denied whether it is unjustified or not.? Even though I won my case before I refused the job offer.

The unemployment office is not charged with deciding if your termination was just or unjust, legal or illegal. It doesn't even matter what the ultimate determination was in any hearing with your employer. The UI office is charged with determining one thing and one thing only - was it for a reason that qualifies you for unemployment benefits?

Again thanks cbg. Latest and last update on this is that since our last comments earlier today, my employer's lawyer has called and proposed another job to me, in which I have now accepted .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back