Unemployment Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjentz

My jurisdiction is: Washington

Let me start by saying I retired after 25yrs with the Air Force on 4/1/07. I then took a job at BNSF Railroad from that time until I was laid-off on 8/10/08
I applied for unemployment as I was laid off for nothing negative and could collect immediately to support my 4 children, wife, and I. The Railroad said as I collect a pension of 1831.00 a month which is about 1/4 what they were paying me, they only do a dollar for dollar exchange upto 1200.00 a month and I was not eligible to collect, even though my employer paid in the entire time I was employed. I then went to the state of Washington and filed as I have been unable to gain suitable employment and they said I could not use my military years as it was outside of their claim window, in addition they showed no income for the approximate 1.5 years at the railroad as the railroad pays their own social security and unemployment insurance programs. I have never used unemployment before, but when I need to use it I am not entitled? If someone has a suggestion of steps I can take as I continue to file claims and appeals that come back saying not entitled, it's a little dis-heartening that our system is not there to help when needed after being W-2 my entire life they wish to deny my family help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back