Unemployed and seeking divorce from cheating husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahelda

I would like to get a divorce because my husband is cheating but he is the sole provider, I do not have a job, we do not have children, the apartment we live in is a sublet from his lover (I just found out), I asked him to give me money to move out he promised but he is dragging is feet, I do not believe that he will give me the money anyway, all the furniture in the house belong to me I bought them when I was working, however I do not want them anymore, What do I do?
Do I file for divorce and would a judge require him to give me money to move out and/or alimony?

Last edited:
I would like to get a divorce because my husband is cheating but he is the sole provider, I do not have a job, we do not have children, the apartment we live in is a sublet from his lover (I just found out), I asked him to give me money to move out he promised but he is dragging is feet, I do not believe that he will give me the money anyway, all the furniture in the house belong to me I bought them when I was working, however I do not want them anymore, What do I do?
Do I file for divorce and would a judge require him to give me money to move out and/or alimony?

You don't need this philandering scoundrel to give you a dime. This is what you must do to wash this foul stain out of your life.

Select an attorney, any attorney that does domestic cases. Ask your friends, relatives, neighbors for the names of the best attorneys in your town. Select the one you want to handle your divorce.

Make an appointment to meet with him/her. Tell him/her your story, all the filthy things that bum has done.

Now, here's the clincher, ask the attorney to file a divorce action for you. Ask the attorney to request the court to order your philandering "husband" to pay you emergency spousal support and your attorney's fees. Presto, he'll be ordered to give you money and he'll be responsible for paying your attorney. Good luck, I hope you teach that creep a lesson!!!

OP, please read this article.

It will explain in detail why you may or may not receive alimony. Even though in Aug '10 NY accepted "no-fault" as a valid reason for divorce, the rules concerning spousal support have not (afaiaa) changed.

Be prepared to show PROOF that your husband is committing adultery too....your word against his will not suffice. And offer a damn good reason why you're not working because if you're an able-bodied adult, that will be the expectation in your situation. Your attorney can ask for the skies and the universe....but the court isn't going to award anything at all without having a good reason to do so.

You also have a short-term marriage; this generally does not bode well for spousal support claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back