undisclosed body damage to a new car

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcmcharlie

My wife and I purchased a new Ford from a long time St. Louis Ford dealership 3 weeks ago and upon washing the vehicle for the first time noticed what appeared to be body repairs to the passenger door. We have had conversation with the saleman and he told us to bring the car to the auto body shop for it to be repaired because its a new car and they want us to be happy. I have asked him if the vehicle had had repairs done to the door, unfortunately there has not been a response to my question. I told him I purchased a NEW car and I will accept nothing less than NEW, not repaired. The car has less than 500 miles on it and paid $33000.00 for it. What recourse do we have.

Thanks!!

Run a Carfax report just to make sure that your car does not have a record. If nothing shows up, then go back to the dealership and request the manager (not the salesman) to give you a brand new car, not because you want to be happy but because those were the purchase terms.

The carfax report is clean. The car dealership is claiming that the damage/repair must have been done at the factory because they have no records of a repair to the car (yea right) and the idea of a replacement automobile doesn't seem likely. I was supposed to meet with the Ford factory rep today but unfortunately he didn't show. Now its scheduled for next Thursday. I just can't believe that a car dealer can/did sell and brand new car with repaired damage without dislosure and get away with it! I don't believe they really care. Any new thoughts??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back