undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan

So my boyfriend died in a car accident beginning of july. And to make things worse, his family didn't allow me at the funeral services. Since then I found out that I'm pregnant. What rites could his family have? And would that change if I were to consent to DNA test. Or if I wanted to get social security to help raise baby

They have no rights of any kind toward the child. At this point a paternity test is likely not much if an option, and at this point you really don't need one.

So my boyfriend died in a car accident beginning of july. And to make things worse, his family didn't allow me at the funeral services. Since then I found out that I'm pregnant. What rites could his family have? And would that change if I were to consent to DNA test. Or if I wanted to get social security to help raise baby

You can seek social security survivor's benefits for your child, after the baby is born.
You'll need a DNA test, and the authorities might assist you in getting that done (after the baby is born).
The easiest way to do this, is relax, bring a healthy, happy baby into the world.
While you are waiting for baby to come, you can meet with a couple social security lawyers.
They'll tell you if they'll represent you for baby, and you can decide if that works for you.
If you hire one, you won't need to pay, because their fees are determined by social security, once they file a claim on your behalf for baby.
Good luck, mommy to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back