Uncontested divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatty62

Hello...I am new to this site. So your response is greatly appreciated. my son is going through a divorce. He signed a paper stating what would be divided as far as any belongings and had it notorized, also it stated that he would not have to be served. So the divorce is going to be uncontested I suppose. My question is could his spouse have put something else in the decree that he is not aware of? And if this is so, does he have to sign off on it first or should he just make the court appearance. (The wife filed)

Hello...I am new to this site. So your response is greatly appreciated. my son is going through a divorce. He signed a paper stating what would be divided as far as any belongings and had it notorized, also it stated that he would not have to be served. So the divorce is going to be uncontested I suppose. My question is could his spouse have put something else in the decree that he is not aware of? And if this is so, does he have to sign off on it first or should he just make the court appearance. (The wife filed)
An uncontested divorce doesn't mean your son can or will not have anything to do with the decree. He will have to sign off on it. It just means that both parties agree to get divorced and have already worked out the details amicably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back