uncontested divorce

helplaw

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello

Hopefully someone can help me with my query. My lawyer filed an uncontested divorce late last year. There has been a court appearance date (already took place) but no information on the case. Is this to be expected? I thought with an appearance date the judgment of divorce would have been signed?

Thank you.

Hopefully someone can help me with my query. My lawyer filed an uncontested divorce late last year. There has been a court appearance date (already took place) but no information on the case. Is this to be expected? I thought with an appearance date the judgment of divorce would have been signed?
As per the reply above, your lawyer would know and it seems you're hoping to get a second opinion. There could be reasons for the delay such as a complication, something not being in order, your spouse contesting something, etc. What is really odd is why you wouldn't have discussed this with your attorney or rather your attorney updating you as to what is going on. That's why you're paying the bill. Good luck.

Back