Uncontested,Divorce,Seperated,1 child

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennie1on1

Hi,

I am military and married a German natl in Maryland, in Jan 07, by Oct 07 she left me and returned to Germany due to me getting orders to deploy. We have been seperated since then. Our marriage is not recognized in Germany due to our Birthdates not being on the Marriage Cert. We have one child born in Germany, and has dual citizenship. Right now she is engaged to another man.

I have not resided in Maryland since Oct 07, is it still possible to file there?

We both want the divorce as soon as possible so it would be uncontested, all assets which was not much has already been agreed upon. What is the fastest way to get this done, and would German law apply as far as child support?

I am currently deployed and would like to get started ASAP.

V/R

Last edited:
You should speak with your JAG officer first. There is a very good possibility your marriage might not be legal for a couple reasons.

The support issue, now that is rather complicated. It could be driven by German law or your HOR. Speak with JAG, ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply. Before I go see my JAG, can you give me an idea of how the marriage might not even be legal?

V/R

lennie1on1 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Before I go see my JAG, can you give me an idea of how the marriage might not even be legal?

V/R

Was the German national in the country (USA) legally? Why was she here?

Were you stationed in Germany when the child was born? Did you have a DNA test to prove parentage of the child?

Does the German national possess a US military dependent's ID card for the child? What legal child support efforts have been undertaken for the child?

Did you marry the German national with the knowledge/approval of your CO? Do you hold any clearances?

She was in the states legally on a 90 day visa. She was there so I could be with my son, we didnt plan to marry right away. I was stationed in Germany when my son was concieved, and in Maryland when he was born in Germany, so I went to the embassy in Germany while on leave and applied for citizenship for him. I also signed paperwork in Germany aknowledging that he was my son. After that everything went down hill.

She also has an Military ID, and both are dependants.

I have not recieved any OHA or BAH since returning from my last deployment in Dec 08. I have been sending her approximately $400 a month for him since then. Depanding on the exchange rate. Other than that she wants nothing from me. Housing was provided, and of course she declined to move in with me.

And yes my commander had knowledge of the marriage.
I do hold a clearance.

Would it be easier to do an online divorse since we have already been seperated for so long, and assets have been seperated also. The only issue remaining then is the child support.

V/R

Was the German national in the country (USA) legally? Why was she here?

Were you stationed in Germany when the child was born? Did you have a DNA test to prove parentage of the child?

Does the German national possess a US military dependent's ID card for the child? What legal child support efforts have been undertaken for the child?

Did you marry the German national with the knowledge/approval of your CO? Do you hold any clearances?

You need to speak with an attorney.
It isn't as easy as you believe.
She is happy now, but these things go sour.
Every dime you're paying without benefit of a court order might not count later.

It isn't as easy as you wish to believe.

Talk to a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back