Un fair work place is there business legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxhaze2blaze

I was working for a merchant service company and I was sent home today because they wanted me to stand upp for a hour and call people for there services I refused because I have a bladder problem and I cant control my self from peeing and they only give you 2 bathroom breaks then as I walk out the door I was fired. This place when I started I felt a little uncomfortable because of the work environment they told me when i started that I would get paid $12 an hour but they were not that specific about the payment arrangement and did not give me a contract to sign or a tax form to sign so they told us that we are self employed contractors but never gave me a contract to sign to work for the business. A week after working for them I found out that you don't get paid $12 an hour you get paid for "Talk Time" meaning the hours spent on the phone but as a worker for this company your on the phone from 9am -8pm so for the 11 hours present and signed on to there computer system you only get paid for about 4-6 hours but the rest of the hours you don't get paid for

is it legal for this business to pay you only for the hours your on the phone or are they suppose to pay you for all the hours working?

is it legal for this company to employ you with out a contract?

Is it legal for this company to not tax you on your pay check?

How can I find out if in the end of the year if they claim there employees?

I need help I cried soo much because they embarrassed me soo bad and told me loud in front of all my co-workers to get a job at MC Donald's and I worked for the past two weeks for 80 hours on the phone provided them with my serive and only getting paid for 52 hours and not getting paid for over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back