TXHeirshipLaw

E

EstateIssuesTX

Jurisdiction
Texas
I have a couple of questions regarding my mothers ' estate. She lived with me and I cared for her during Herr battle with Cancer. She had been a Williamson County Texas resident for 15+years when she passed on. I'm uncertain what all she had in regards to insurances, however I do know that she had 252,800 plicy with a named beneficiary on it. That policy was signed in 1997. She had been through divorced, moved out pf state, and had never updated her paperwork from that original document. Are there any grounds that I could protest that named beneficiary? (Being that outdated, know ing I cared for her daily needs & handled all transport to and from docs 4 three years)????
My other question in regards to this issue is - Where does the succession need to be taken care of? Is it even legal for my brother to have his friend in LA handle the estate?
Is there any ace I can query to try to locate the location and Attorney name of Lawyer that my brother has handling the case. I'm sure thier we're other picirs and assets that my brother WASNT NAMED SOLE BENEFICIARY ON, but how do I locate the I formation??

TenseNTexas

Are there any grounds that I could protest that named beneficiary?

No.

Being that outdated, know ing I cared for her daily needs & handled all transport to and from docs 4 three years

Means nothing with regards to the life insurance policy. The insurance company will pay the listed beneficiary.

Where does the succession need to be taken care of? Is it even legal for my brother to have his friend in LA handle the estate?

If you mean probate, that has to be handled in the probate court of the county where she resided or died.

If she had a will that nominated an executor that person would have to file in her probate court and get his court papers acknowledging his position and authorizing him to act for the estate.

If she died without a will then you have the advantage and need to get to your local probate court, open probate under intestacy, and ask to be appointed representative of the estate.

Is there any ace I can query to try to locate the location and Attorney name of Lawyer that my brother has handling the case. I'm sure thier we're other picirs and assets that my brother WASNT NAMED SOLE BENEFICIARY ON, but how do I locate the I formation??

Check your local probate court to see if a probate file has already been opened. If yes, it's public record and you can go to the court and get copies of everything in it.

If there is no probate case on file then it really doesn't matter what your brother is doing or who his attorney is because you have the option of opening probate and handling it yourself.

If none of this works out for you I suggest you engage your own probate attorney in your county.

Back