Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Two MIPs in 2008 can't take care of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyw2011

I recieved two MIPs in 2008. The place i recieved them in is 4 hours away from where i live and i can't get there! I don't have the resources to go there turn myself in and get home without losing my job and home that me and my husband have with our child! The suspended my license after issueing a warrant for me and i have went without driving for two years! I can't do it anymore and need advice bad! how do i take care of this without actually going there.

You can't take care of this unless you return to the scene of the crime, so to speak.

And, when this has been cleared up, your license will still be suspend for a mandatory period of time.

You'll be barred from driving for two additional years.

Michigan wants your money and your license.

It is a very tough state when it comes to license revocations and suspensions.

I have a niece who is suffering a similar plight.

She paid about $1,300 to clear up a speeding ticket and no insurance. She allowed it to linger and languish for 18 months.

She received an adfitional, mandatory license revocation for two years!!!

I suggest you take the time to return to the scene of the crime and address this problem. The sooner you start, the sooner it's over.

If you can afford it, a lawyer might be able to ease your pain. But, there will be pain.

how do i take care of this without actually going there.

You can't.
Get someone to give you a ride there in the morning and turn yourself in for the warrants. You will be processed at the county jail and likely released within a few hours after being given a date to return to court several weeks later.
You could give the jail a call and confirm this with them. I highly doubt you would be held in custody on a petty juvenile warrant.

As the others have said the only way to take care of it is to go there and turn yourself in. This will not go away so you will have to take care of it sometime or another. If you dont then one day when you come into contact with the police for whatever reason then you will be forced to go at a time that might not suit you but will go. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back