Two DUIs in three month span

Law enforcement often brush this off and direct you to the court because they don't want to be in the position of deciding who the better parent is. Usually both parents have plenty of nasty things to say about each other and accuse each other of being unfit.
You have a valid court order though, and police are responsible for enforcing it. If you talk to the right people you should get some cooperation.
I'd be sure to get the name of anyone who refused to enforce the order- especially if the custody terms are very clear.

Many custody orders I have seen have had very vague terms and state visitation "as agreed". The police have no idea what the agreement was. They can only be expected to enforce what is in the order and clearly stated.

If they do refuse to enforce the order you should request a criminal report for violation of a court order. In fact, you should do this every time there is a violation of the order.
Do I request that through the cop that comes with me?

Yes.Again, don't take no for an answer. If they choose to not enforce the order they can explain why on paper.
The end result will be the same- it will be directed to the same court where your custody matter is being handled.
However it will create a paper trail of non-compliance that could work against the ex seeking any changes to visitation.

Yes.Again, don't take no for an answer. If they choose to not enforce the order they can explain why on paper.
The end result will be the same- it will be directed to the same court where your custody matter is being handled.
However it will create a paper trail of non-compliance that could work against the ex seeking any changes to visitation.
Have you been through this? Are you a lawyer? You know so much. I appreciate it

I work in law enforcement and deal with this sort of thing all the time.
Things may be a bit different in your state, but not significantly different under these circumstances.

I work in law enforcement and deal with this sort of thing all the time.
Things may be a bit different in your state, but not significantly different under these circumstances.

I have talked to the highest possible person at county Police in her county and they all say same thing. They can come to keep the peace and that's it.

They are being lazy. Enforcing court orders is part of their job.

Showing up with them may be enough to get her to cooperate though.

You can still all for a report documenting the violation if it does occur (expect more laziness) and also work with your attorney.

Apparently for you the system is gong to be very slow.

They are being lazy. Enforcing court orders is part of their job.

Showing up with them may be enough to get her to cooperate though.

You can still all for a report documenting the violation if it does occur (expect more laziness) and also work with your attorney.

Apparently for you the system is gong to be very slow.

Her dad, my daughters grandfather is retired police from their county and that scares me too

So took cops to her house, she wasn't there, Kathy the grandma came out cussing me out. We figured out they were at Jeff's went there and watched Sarah cry on porch. Jeff came out, the uncle, and said can you pick her up from Cheryl's (aunt's ) at 6 so she can do the Easter Egg hunt. I said yes but how do we enforce that? That said you can't but Jeff said she'll be there do you know how to get there? Then cops left and we left. Thoughts? I'm going at 6 do I take a cop.

You shouldn't have said yes. You should have taken your kids then and there.
If you expect trouble you should bring police, and do your best to get them to generate a report regarding the violation of the order.

You shouldn't have said yes. You should have taken your kids then and there.
If you expect trouble you should bring police, and do your best to get them to generate a report regarding the violation of the order.

I got her. They said they wouldn't give her back at 2 with cops and cops said they did all they could. The uncle stepped in and said 6 or nothing. So I went with the only choice I had. I want to thank you for your time and answers. It may have seem small to you but your help made the last week bareable for me with hope.

Seems to me you have lazy law enforcement.
You should follow through with your attorney. I'd not let my daughter go anywhere that she might be taken without my permission, and due to issues like this I'd be hesitant to allow any more visitation before going back to court.

Seems to me you have lazy law enforcement.
You should follow through with your attorney. I'd not let my daughter go anywhere that she might be taken without my permission, and due to issues like this I'd be hesitant to allow any more visitation before going back to court.

I struggle with teeball. Piano and other activities I want my daughter in and that she wants to be in. It's like I have to take her out of things so she doesn't get snatched.

Awful feeling

I struggle with teeball. Piano and other activities I want my daughter in and that she wants to be in. It's like I have to take her out of things so she doesn't get snatched.

Awful feeling

As a parent, take comfort in the fact that you're protecting her, not entertaining her.
A parent does far more for a child than let a child have fun.
Life isn't easy for anyone.
The life lessons parents teach live forever with a child.
I'm an old man, and not one day goes by without me reaching into the bag of life tricks taught me by mom and dad.

These things take time. So you just have to wait until it gets to court. Sucks but that's the way it works. If you don't let things work through the system you might end up making things worse for you than for her. So tread lightly.

Back