Twisted situation, Can I be sued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongalor

My friend is going threw a divorce and needed a car. She had an older van that she traded in on a used tarus that is in my name(the tarus) because she has fallen on hard times. Her father wrote here a check for $1500.00 for the attorney retainer fee. They have since got in to a big fight and her father is threating to sue her for the $1500.00 and is saying that she used her van as collateral but she didn't sign anything stating that and didn't verbally agree either. He is now threating to sue me and her and put a lean on my tarus that I letting his daughter drive. He some how has my vin# and knows the trade in value she got for her van. Her father has threaten us 3 or 4 times now and has never served her or I. My question is can I be sued and can her father but a lean on my car? She also has a bankrupcy claim too with her house due to the divorce. What should I do to prepare just in case?

No it is your car, you have the title. He is mad and trying to scare everyone. He can take her to small claims court and sue for money. But if the car is in your name there is nothing he can do.

Thanks-how to stop his threats

Thanks for your help. That is what I thought but, I don't know the ins and outs of the law. Thanks again. What would be a good way to get him to stop threatening me?

Tell him if the threatens you one more time you will file harassment charges, If he does then get a restraining order on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back