Making a Lease Turned down from housing based on credit file

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUD has a rule that tenants applying for federally subsidized housing may not be denied for lack of a credit history. But for private rental arrangements federal law only requires that landlords covered by federal civil rights laws not discriminate based on factors like race, sex, religion, etc. You may want to ask a local attorney or local organization that helps renters with landlord issues what the law in your state requires.

Thanks. I did find the TN legal aid and will attempt to contact them what to do. It seems like that manager is using this to turn me away since I last voluntarily removed myself from the wait-list I was on since 2019.

My credit history looks clear, never arrested, but have lack of credit history. But will consult someone soon

I did state it is on the hud website under fair housing rights. If you are good with research just Google it, that's how I had to find it, navigate it
I looked at your link and I also attempted to find what you claim to have read, but I did not find it. I suspect that you are misunderstanding something you have read, so I asked you to point me to what you read so that I can review it to help you better understand. Your inability to even point out the information that you claim to have read leads me to believe that you are either (a) lying or (b) completely clueless. I am willing to help with (b) but not (a).

Well maybe you are judgemental and a complete moron. Since you seem blunt like that

The manager is lying based on the fact she is avoiding my questions I sent by email. She is hard to reach by phone. I complained on her to the consumer affairs office in her state. So I found out she is lying. She seems to not want me at that property. I filled out my application accurately. I always do. So I'm thinking she is doing this bull all because I turned down the complex before due to not thinking I could move there. She said her property is subsidized and for elderly and also disabled. I mentioned I was not an elder. Plus she has HUD files once she gets a background check.

All this to turn me down and she lied. Now the management company told me i was denied but they never said that by phone only to consumer affairs where I complained. I guess my best bet is to file discrimination and see where this goes

Well maybe you are judgemental and a complete moron. Since you seem blunt like that

The manager is lying based on the fact she is avoiding my questions I sent by email. She is hard to reach by phone. I complained on her to the consumer affairs office in her state. So I found out she is lying. She seems to not want me at that property. I filled out my application accurately. I always do. So I'm thinking she is doing this bull all because I turned down the complex before due to not thinking I could move there. She said her property is subsidized and for elderly and also disabled. I mentioned I was not an elder. Plus she has HUD files once she gets a background check.

All this to turn me down and she lied. Now the management company told me i was denied but they never said that by phone only to consumer affairs where I complained. I guess my best bet is to file discrimination and see where this goes

I guess I can assume that you really have no way to show me what you read that leads you to believe what you believe? I'm really trying to help you, no matter what type of tantrum you throw.

You keep saying the same thing and we keep saying no, you aren't correct. You're making the allegation. The burden is on you, not us. If you aren't satisfied with the results of your visit here, feel free to consult an attorney.

PS. Calling somebody a moron gets you shut down.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back