Trying to pursue fraud case - but it's perceived controversial

Jurisdiction
Texas
I have been trying to pursue this case for several years now, (since about 2016) but it runs into the problem that most attorneys don't think I would win it.

The problem concerns this dating service in Texas "NAME REDACTED BY MOD" in which my complaint is that they committed "breach of contract" and took $15,000 for no service in return.

When I presented this case to various legal websites, the attorneys objected strongly to the idea that I could win it in court.

I would like you - the readers - to contribute your thoughts on this, (if you don't mind).

I have been trying to pursue this case for several years now, (since about 2016) but it runs into the problem that most attorneys don't think I would win it.

The problem concerns this dating service in far north Dallas called "Edited Out The Name, Inc." in which my complaint is that they committed "breach of contract" and took $15,000 for no service in return.

When I presented this case to various legal websites, the attorneys objected strongly to the idea that I could win it in court.

I would like you - the readers - to contribute your thoughts on this, (if you don't mind).

Did you actually go and have a consult with a local attorney?

I strongly suggest you edit out the name of the company. It is unnecessary and exposes you to potential liability.

Litigants in a civil trial (plaintiff vs. defendant) don't win or lose.
A litigant is said to prevail, if she obtains that which she sought.
Our civil trials are not combat or sport.
By taking disputes to court, litigant's avoid violence.

Chapter 16 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code specifies that there is a four-year statute of limitations for breach of contract claims.

More:::::::::::::::::::::

Injury to Person: 2 yrs. Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.003(a); 30 years for most child sexual abuse cases and 5 yrs. for sex crimes 16.0045

Libel/Slander: 1 yr. Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.002(a)

Fraud: 4 yrs. Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.004(a)(4)

Injury to Personal Property: 2 yrs. Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.003(a)

-

Trespass: 2 yrs. Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.003(a)

Contracts Written: 4 yrs. real property Civ. Prac. §16.004(a)(3)

Collection of Debt on Account: 4 yrs. Civ. Prac. & Rem. §16.004(a) (3)

most attorneys don't think I would win it.

Well...ok.

Also, I assume you mean "most attorneys" with whom you have consulted about the case.

my complaint is that they committed "breach of contract" and took $15,000 for no service in return.

I'm not sure why you have "breach of contract" in quotation marks. However, the Texas statute of limitations for breach of contract is four years (same with fraud). Since you "have been trying to pursue this case for several years now, (since about 2016)," the statute of limitations has expired.

Since the statute of limitations has expired, it would be pointless to have any discussion about the substantive merits of your case.

Back