trying to get car into my name and i'm paying for it!!!

littleone

I had my boyfriend take out a car for me and put under his name license plate and all. But we made a deal i was to pay for the car payments and insurance . We broke up and I want my car back knowing he's an alcoholic i don't want my well spend money down the drain!! i fell helpless because i didn't know i couldve been a cosigner to the car !

I had my boyfriend take out a car for me and put under his name license plate and all. But we made a deal i was to pay for the car payments and insurance . We broke up and I want my car back knowing he's an alcoholic i don't want my well spend money down the drain!! i fell helpless because i didn't know i couldve been a cosigner to the car !

Sorry, if the title is in his name, he can use the car.
I say USE, because when you STOP paying, he'll have to pay to keep the car.
Your deal means nothing legally, seems as if you made a deal with a cheating, lying, double crosser.

The good news for you is that the loan is in his name.
You can't get any of your money back, because you legally gave that crook a gift.

Al you need to do now, is stop paying.
When you stop paying, he'll have to pay to keep HIS car.
If he doesn't pay the loan, the REPO MAN will take the care, and his once good credit will be dinged and dented!!!!

Last edited:
If you are credit worthy and if he's willing, you can buy the car from him and get your own loan. If that is not possible then it would be best for you to walk away now before you invest any more money.

You have a couple of choices:
1) Stop paying on the vehicle - don't pay on a vehicle that isn't yours. It's currently his car - he "bought it" & seems it is in his name (title etc.).
2) See about buying the vehicle from him with everything being in your name.

Back