Trying to get a prenup while she's still arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
Georgia
Text book story.
My wife hates me for a flaw I was hoping she would understand. Whatever.
She's been mad for a year. She emotionally inconsistent. Belligerent and all that.

For a little while she has been saying, "I don't want anything from you except daycare money" ($900 a month)
Fine
I take home about $4500 cash a month. and I've done better before she messed up my life.

While she's still arrogant , what legal phrases or terms should I be aware of & can I use to make this as non ambiguous as possible?

I don't want her coming back later and looking for more money. I think the only thing that can change after this is child support.

She destroyed my life, I lost everything, so no house or car. She wrecked my car anyway. But without her, I'm doing really well financially.

I think I am going to continue playing along like I want to be with her. and I have been trying, but I gotta hit her when she doesn't see it coming. and get this finalized very fast.
I'll be hiring a lawyer in a few weeks. I'd do it tomorrow, but bills.

Text book story.
She's been mad for a year. She emotionally inconsistent. Belligerent and all that.

For a little while she has been saying, "I don't want anything from you except daycare money" ($900 a month)
Fine
I take home about $4500 cash a month. and I've done better before she fucked up my life.

While she's still arrogant , what legal phrases or terms should I be aware of & can I use to make this as non ambiguous as possible?

I don't want her coming back later and looking for more money. I think the only thing that can change after this is child support.

She destroyed my life, I lost everything, so no house or car. She wrecked my car anyway. But without her, I'm doing really well financially.

I think I am going to continue playing along like I want to be with her. and I have been trying, but I gotta hit her when she doesn't see it coming. and get this finalized very fast.

What is you question? Or did you just post to vent?

BTW: Your language violates the TOS of this site. From now on use big boy words and not childish filth. Thanks.

Okay, sorry.
When I talk to my lawyer, I want to figure out how to communicate with him that my wife is pretty much willing to sign a divorce contract that's financially in my favor.

That can change at any given moment.

You aren't required to support anyone to whom you aren't married.

If anyone wants you to support them (or their offspring), you need not do or say anything.

Before an unmarried man begins to pay
He should test that DNA
If Maury announces, "You is not the pappy"
All you need to do is smile and be happy!

If she/he/it wants money, she/he/it must take the matter to court and convince a judge.

If the baby was birthed by her and you weren't married to her, it isn't your baby UNLESS and UNTIL, paternity is established.

Even if paternity is established by DNA, don't pay until the judge orders you to pay.

Why?

Because ALL money paid to her before the DNA proves you to be the pappy, will be considered a GIFT by the court.

I suggest you speak to three or four lawyers ASAP, and arrange to hire one ASAP and your money is right!

Okay, sorry.
When I talk to my lawyer, I want to figure out how to communicate with him that my wife is pretty much willing to sign a divorce contract that's financially in my favor.

That can change at any given moment.
You: Attorney Smith, My wife is pretty much willing to sign the divorce papers despite it being in my financial favor.

Attorney Smith: Alrighty then, NME!

First of all, if you are married to her, then this is not a "pre nup" issue. A pre nuptial agreement is one entered into before marriage that set out certain things about how the marriage will work and who gets what if the marriage ends in divorce. What you are looking for is a divorce settlement. And here's where the problem comes in. You can't get a divorce in a day in Georgia. She's going to have time to think about what you're offering, consult an attorney, and change her mind. If you want out, then the sooner you file, the better, because its going to take time. In Georgia, at a minimum it will take 31 days from the day the petition for divorce is filed before you may file the motion to finalize the divorce. And that assumes that everything is uncontested from the start.

And if you have a kid with her, that's going to complicate matters more because child support will be an issue and the court is going to be looking out for the child's best interests.

What is this "flaw"? Depending on what it is, that too could work against you.

I take home about $4500 cash a month

Huh?

what legal phrases or terms should I be aware of & can I use to make this as non ambiguous as possible?

Again, huh? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Ok, then tell him exactly that.

Is there an actual question here?

Huh?

Again, huh? This makes no sense whatsoever.

Ok, then tell him exactly that.

Is there an actual question here?
Tax Counsel helped.
I'm trying to known my unknowns.
I did not know about the 31 days

The flaw is that she knows I've been attracted to children. It doesn't apply to family. And she's been letting me see my daughter and we've been trying to work things out. But like the typical story goes, she doesn't appreciate anything and just sabotages all my efforts.
So she's tried to use this "child" thing against me before. Even had a restraining order against me, but she still let me see her and my daughter while the restraining order was up. So she's very contradictory, she's just a loose cannon.
I understand my attraction is bad, but under the circumstances of her discovering it, I was seeking medical attention.

I'm not worried about child support fluctuating.
I'm worried about alimony. and just anything else I don't know about.

Tax Counsel helped.
I'm trying to known my unknowns.
I did not know about the 31 days

The flaw is that she knows I've been attracted to children. It doesn't apply to family. And she's been letting me see my daughter and we've been trying to work things out. But like the typical story goes, she doesn't appreciate anything and just sabotages all my efforts.
So she's tried to use this "child" thing against me before. Even had a restraining order against me, but she still let me see her and my daughter while the restraining order was up. So she's very contradictory, she's just a loose cannon.
I understand my attraction is bad, but under the circumstances of her discovering it, I was seeking medical attention.

I'm not worried about child support fluctuating.
I'm worried about alimony. and just anything else I don't know about.
You call being a pedophile a "flaw" and expected her to understand? Seriously?

Text book story.

She doesn't hate you. She's disgusted. She feels a little bit of vomit in her mouth every time she realizes that she fell in love with a lie, that for you the marriage was just a cover, a deception so that you could pass for "normal".

You revealed to her that the foundation of your marriage is on a perverse lie, and that is incredibly hurtful and painful to her, even if you never acted on your disgusting urges. And even if you don't view your own daughter that way, your daughter has friends. And your wife having at least an ounce of maternal instincts, feels how it much it would shatter the mother of any child you acted out your desires on. And even if it was just pictures? Somehow, someone took those pictures...

When you speak to a lawyer, tell the truth. The entire truth. Because a lawyer can only come up with an effective way to represent you if the lawyer has all of the facts.

Although frankly, the only one that comes across as arrogant is you.

I'm still not seeing a coherent question here and see no point in using the OP as a punching bag.

The flaw is that she knows I've been attracted to children.

I was going to guess that perhaps the flaw was a tendency for adultery or perhaps some sort of drug/alcohol addiction. This kind of along those lines, only potentially much more serious. The reaction of a judge upon hearing it would be quite negative, for obvious reasons. If you've ever acted on your attraction, that is a potentially serious criminal problem. Depending on the details of this "flaw" and what you've done, it may prove to be grounds for a fault divorce in Georgia. If she succeeds is proving fault that can indeed affect the outcome of the divorce. You might end up with a less favorable property split, for example. And it could certainly impact custody and visitation with your kids.

You really, really need to see a lawyer about the divorce and don't hide anything from the lawyer. Your lawyer needs to know it all so that he or she can prepare for what's coming. One of the worst things to happen would be for you to not tell your lawyer something bad and then have your wife spring that on you in court, catching your lawyer completely off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back