Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Trust cop to plea Not Guilty for .006 BAC Underage

Status
Not open for further replies.

roboteyes

My jurisdiction is: Pennsylvania

I am 19 years old and blew a .006 at a party (I was the designated driver). I have never gotten in any kind of trouble before and the three cops that were there told me to plea Not Guilty. They said I probably would not lose my license or get fined. Should I trust them or will this put me in bigger trouble? I am fine with paying a fine and doing community service, I just don't want to lose my license.

I didn't get anything in the mail yet; wouldn't it just be Underage consumption of alcohol? Wouldn't the fact that I had anything on my breath just make me guilty?

Last edited:
.006?

that's ridiculously low. That means if you don't drink/hadn't drink anything else, in a matter of minutes it should resolve to .000

What are you charged with?

Yes, you should plead not guilty. . .

This is the reason that for underage driver's there is still an allowable BAC, and in Pennsylvania it's .02 . And that's because it's nor hard for certain foods or things like mouthwash to push your breath over that point, without having drank anything.

Other than the BAC, you could still be considered a DUI if you were driving or acting as such. I'm assuming that was not the case either, although, why were you stopped to begin with?

Regardless, you need to go to court, plead NOT GUILTY, and in court state as your defense that you were nowhere near the legal limit for a BAC, and that you did not drive or act as though you were impaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back