truck & 4 wheeler accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerri

Hi, my son was at a 4 wheel drive event. He has a 85 Toyota ForRunner. He was parked on private property when someone driving a 4 wheeler ran into his truck and damaged the passenger side door and front fender. This happened about a month ago. He only has liability insurance on his truck. The police were not called. He got the personal information for the owner of the 4 wheeler and also the person that was driving (the person driving was not related to the owner). The driver was a young person around 17 ( not sure of age) . The 4 wheeler is owned by an adult.
We have lots of witnesses & some pictures. My son's girlfriend was in the vehicle when the collision happened. First question, who is liable the owner or the driver? The driver tells my son he isn't paying that the girl that was driving it is her responsibility. My son told them he would take $300.00 & fix it himself, but no one is responding. Should we get a repair estimate from a garage & take the owner of the 4wheeler to small claims court? The big question is who is responsible. Thanks for your help

Q: First question, who is liable the owner or the driver?

A: The person who is liable is the person who caused the damage.

You would have to take the parent of the 17 year old to court as the 17 year old is a minor. DId the adult who owned the 4 wheeler have insurance on the 4 wheeler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back