Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Trouble in Philly!! Drinking in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debullion

I drove down to Philladelphia from Canada for superbowl weekend and within THREE hours of arriving had managed to get arrested and tossed in a patty wagon for walking down the street with an open can of beer (not underage though). When the cops approached me I didnt think it was a big deal or anything because up here in Montreal they don't really care about stuff like this unless your drunk and causing trouble - little did I know things aren't so laid back down there in the USA. Anyways, I got a Non-Traffic Citation ticket and an order to appear in court on the monday. HOWEVER - I was only down for the weekend and had to get back home so I didn't go to court.
What Should I do?? Will this affect me being able to cross the border?? Can I just call them and pay the fine or something???

I would really appreciate any help with this as I know nothing about the laws and court system down in the States, thanks!!

You might have an outstanding arrest warrant now which could lead to an arrest as soon as you cross the border. You might face an additional charge of "failure to appear in court" and face additional fines.

There might be instructions on your ticket what to do. You might also call the court and inquire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back