trouble finding lawyer for PAGCL problem(pain pump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboyjr

My orthopedic surgeon has advised me to find a lawyer to help me out. I have a pain pump issue that is going to require a sholder replacement. I have talked to a few attorneys but none seem interested in the case. Most of these have advertised themselves as looking for cases such as mine but when I call, they quickly opt out. Am I doing something wrong? Should I offer to pay expenses or something like that? I greatly appreciate any advice. This whole deal has already cost me my career and I feel the need to at least have it thoroughly investigated.

If an attorney won't take the case on contingency, that generally indicates that it's not worth litigating.

This doesn't mean that you haven't been harmed, but rather that the costs of litigation would outweigh the possible award.

If you're independently wealthy then you can of course offer to pay up front, but these cases can run to tens of thousands of dollars.

Prosperpina, I think you are correct. I find it a bit ironic that in America anyway, if someone with more money than you causes serious damage to you or your family that the system protects the more wealthy. If I had money to waste I could get more. But if I am just a middle class type I must take it with a smile. Thank you for your honesty, my gut says you are right but I am going to keep trying. Maybe I can find someone to at least give me a legal opinion after an investigation for a few thousand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back