Medical Malpractice Triple Bypass And My Chest Never Mended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMOTS

I live in Illinois. At the end of June 2005, I was admitted to the hospital to have have stents inserted to open an artery to my heart. It failed and I was told that bypass surgery was necessary. I had the surgery the first week of July and it was successful. Between then and mid-September of that year I was in the hospital more then I was home, because my I kept building up fluid in my chest. After four admitances to the hospital, they operated again to clean out the chest cavity and stop the fluid buildup. During those months I noticed that my sternum wasn't mending. The doctors told me that it could take up to a year to heal. To this day my chest is still in two completely separate pieces. It is a really creepy feeling and causes many problems. Do I have any legal recourse in this matter?

I live in Illinois. At the end of June 2005, I was admitted to the hospital to have have stents inserted to open an artery to my heart. It failed and I was told that bypass surgery was necessary. I had the surgery the first week of July and it was successful. Between then and mid-September of that year I was in the hospital more then I was home, because my I kept building up fluid in my chest. After four admitances to the hospital, they operated again to clean out the chest cavity and stop the fluid buildup. During those months I noticed that my sternum wasn't mending. The doctors told me that it could take up to a year to heal. To this day my chest is still in two completely separate pieces. It is a really creepy feeling and causes many problems. Do I have any legal recourse in this matter?

It's been 3 years? What do the doctors say? Have you sought a second opinion?

Possibly

Do I have any legal recourse in this matter?
Have you wage for a second opinion from another doctor? This is paramount as the findings can be the turning point in determining if there can be cause/s of action present. I believe that when possible malpractice is present, your case was not yet time barred and consequently, you can still file the necessary case, if possible to the erring doctor-if that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back